Google’s Android Operating System is not only popular because of the supports and software it provides. But also because it has an open-source nature which lets other developers customize the OS according to their requirements.
A group of program developers took the initiative to redevelop the Android version for the classic x86 desktop system of processing. Now the team has released the Android 9 Pie release candidate for running the OS on desktop computers or any other virtual machines.
Android x86 project team seems to be working in an impressive way. Some people might consider them slow because Android 10 is already in the market. However, the open-source projects cannot be maintained by anyone, only some few can achieve that.
Android x86 team has proven their work by introducing the new drivers for more compatibility with hardware. Also, they made focus on improving the installation work process.
Android x86 also resolves a long issue of the project stuck to an interface to stock Android. This new Android x86 project features a recent apps tray as an alternative launcher and an optional taskbar with a start menu. Both new options can be used with the keyboard as well as the mouse.
More Android x86 features
- Support from non-official releases to upgrade.
- Mouse reconciliation support for VMs including Hyper-V, QEMU, VirtualBox, and VMware.
- Support Multi-touch, Camera, Bluetooth, Sensors, Ethernet (DHCP only), Wifi and Audio.
- Support arm arch apps through the local extension system.
- Experimental Vulkan support added for more current Intel and AMD GPUs.
- Support both 64-bit and 32-bit kernel and userspace with most recent LTS bit 4.19.80.
- No known sensors for Enabling “Force Default Orientation”. Represent apps can run in a landscape mode without any need for a rotating display.
- Support the booting more securely from UEFI and installation to the UEFI disk.
- Include Taskbar as an optional launcher which puts a start menu and recent apps on top of your screen and supports freestyle window mode.
- Support hardware accelerated codecs with Intel HD & G45 designs family
- Simulate WiFi connector by Ethernet for the increment of application compatibility.
- Theme support added to GRUB-EFI.
- Support OpenGL ES 3.0 via SwiftShader for programming rendering on unsupported GPU gadgets.
- A content-based GUI installer.
- Support OpenGL ES 3.x equipment increasing speed for Intel, AMD, Nvidia and QEMU(virgl) by Mesa 19.0.8.
Stay up to date with all the latest Android news delivered to you, phone news, tablet news, app news, rooting news.