Uber is the well-known brand these days among the people of all age group to commute to their destination with ease and comfort but at times it is possible that we search for alternatives. Here in this post, we are going to let you know some Other Apps Like Uber to you that you can download to your android phone. Uber alternative really makes you feel important at times when ETA in Uber shows more or you are not ok with the fares.
Taxi apps like Uber help you to available with Uber alternatives so that you can manage to travel without any hassle in difficult situations. Cab apps like Uber are not only different in their services but also there are many other factors like fares, promotions, and customer care services which encourages you to switch to other driving apps like Uber.
Uber taxi service is one of them. In this post, we will let you know some other taxi apps like Uber. Uber is actually not a taxi service app but it is a technology company which connects riders and drivers. There are many other such services like Uber that gives you best Uber alternatives if you are not going well with Uber.
Best Apps like Uber
Reaching safely at home, catch up with friends or punctual at your office all these are very common activities for which we need a good taxi service. Let’s have a look at Uber alternatives available to you for android and how you can get it on your phone.
Enjoy a welcoming, affordable, and memorable ride with Lyft app on your phone. Lyft app is cheaper than a taxi, faster than the bus, and easy to use.
How it works:
Riders must download the Lyft mobile app to their Android-based phone, sign up, enter a valid phone number, and enter a valid form of payment (either a credit card or link to an Apple Pay, Google Wallet or PayPal account). You can then request a ride from a nearby driver. Once confirmed, the app shows the driver’s name, ratings by past passengers, and photos of the driver and car. Drivers and riders can add personal information to their profiles about their hometown, music preferences, and other details to encourage drivers and passengers to converse during the ride. After the ride is over, the rider is given the opportunity to provide a gratuity to the driver, which is also billed to the rider’s payment method.
Lyft offers four types of rides within the app:
- Lyft Line, which is not available in all cities. It is the cheapest option and will match passengers with other riders if they are going in the same direction. It is just like UberPOOL service given by Uber.
- Lyft is the basic and most popular offering that matches passengers with nearby drivers.
- Lyft Plus matches passengers with a six-seater car.
- Lyft Premier matches passengers with a more Premium ride with seating for four.
- Lyft Lux matches passengers with a luxury car. It is like the option given by UberX or UberBLACK.
- It is absolutely safe to travel with Lyft drivers.
- Drivers undergo b e detailed screening process before their appointment. Passengers and drivers both can rate each other.
- Lyft also ensures their drivers with a considerable amount by taking insurance for them.
The next to our list is Hailo for apps like Uber. It is also a taxi service working on almost the same principle of matching the riders and drivers with some distinguishing feature that makes it different from other apps like Uber. Currently, it is not available in India. It operates in cities like New York, Boston, Barcelona etc.
How it works:
The Hailo app uses the GPS technology to match taxi drivers with passengers based on both availability and proximity. Hailo passengers make two taps on the Hailo app in order to request and confirm their ride. Once a driver has electronically accepted a passenger, the waiting passenger is sent an updated time of arrival based on route information and real-time traffic information.
Customers also have the ability to specify if they require a wheelchair-accessible vehicle or a fixed price fare to the designated location such as an airport terminal.
- The Hailo driver app includes social networking features, which allows drivers to alert each other of locations with high street fare demand, traffic conditions, speed traps and road construction obstacles.
- Both the Hailo passenger and driver apps are compatible with Android devices.
- Hailo enables its registered passengers to pay and tip for taxi journeys using the credit or debit card details they have stored within Hailo’s app at the time of signing up.
- In some city locations, taxi drivers can also use Hailo to process credit and debit card payments for fares by manually entering passenger card details when they reach their destination.
- Instant trip receipts are sent to passengers by email and contain journey and payment information along with instructions to help retrieve any property lost or forgotten in the taxi.
Grab Taxi is another transport app like Uber. It is a technology company that offers a wide range of riding and logistics services through its app in Singapore and neighboring Southeast Asian nations such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines etc. As derivative of GrabTaxi, nowadays GrabBike service rides can be found in many cities. These cities have heavy traffic jams, so using a motorcycle can be faster than using other transportation modes. GrabBike also provides medical insurance for the passengers and the drivers. GrabTaxi app assigns available cabs nearby to commuters using mapping and location-sharing technology.
Ola Cabs is the very famous taxi brand. Ola Cab is an Indian online transportation network company. It was founded as an online cab aggregator in Mumbai but is now based in Bangalore. Ola provides different types of service, ranging from economic to luxury travel. The cabs can be booked through a mobile app and the service accepts both cash and cashless payments with Ola money.
Ola cab features:
- It is a technology company matching the riders and drivers.
- Transparency in billing.
- Safe to drive in Ola Cabs.
- Keeping the privacy of the riders.
- Operated in large number of Indian cities.
- Awarded by the Economic times as the “Startup of the year” in 2015.
- Ola money gives the cashless experience.
- Winning promotions and referral bonus on every ride.
is a ride-hailing company based in Mumbai, India. It provides cab booking facilities through calls, website, Messenger bot on Facebook, Google Maps or through their mobile application and accepts payments through cash or multiple wallet options.
Meru Cabs integrated their cab service with Google Now which will send passengers reminders for cab pickups, alerting them if they wish to book a cab based on their location.
Meru is the only taxi service that doesn’t charge Surge Pricing to its customers; this plays as a key differentiator, to ensure it’s customer base is happy they offer coupons, offers & discounts and hence Meru is known to be a reliable taxi service.
Curb is the taxi company. It was formerly known as Taxi Magic is getting some unique features. This app is operating its services in cities of New York and the US. It’s one of the important feature similar to apps like Uber is that it allows advance booking of the Cab.
Gett, previously known as GetTaxi, is a global on-demand mobility company that connects customers with transportation, goods, and services. Customers can order a taxi or courier either through the company’s website or by using the company’s GPS-based smartphone app. Gett currently operates in more than 100 cities across the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, and Israel. The Gett revenue model varies from country to country. It usually includes any of these three models: charging monthly dispatch fees from taxi drivers, charging a per ride fee from drivers or charging fees for corporate rides.
BlaBlaCar is a smart and popular European app that is now making city-to-city travel in India affordable and comfortable, even last minute.
It allows you to share city-to-city car journeys with great people:
- Car owners avoid heavy driving costs by sharing them with co-travellers
- Co-travellers make an agreed contribution to driving costs and enjoy last-minute travel in the comfort of a car.
The BlaBlaCar community is safe and secure, and you choose your co-travelers so you know they will be people just like you. There are a number of trust features like mandatory Facebook Connect, and every member profile is authenticated by BlaBlaCar to ensure full names are displayed and only real profile photos are used. A dedicated member support team also monitors activity 24/7 ensuring that the spirit of respectful community membership is always present on the platform.
Easy Taxi is a mobile-based app which is operating in around 30 countries. The app allows users to book a taxi and track it in real time. It was originally founded in Brazil and become globally popular.
Easy Taxi features:
- The company won multiple awards.
- Easy Taxi is supporting the social responsibility programs for the taxi industry worldwide.
- The company implemented a series of education and physical training for the drivers, aiming at improving their service for the users.
Instead of hailing a cab or waiting for the bus, just request a car with the tap of a button, and get picked up by a nearby friendly driver who’ll take you to your destination right away. In the above post, we have listed a number of apps like Uber that provides you best Uber alternatives. Whether you have to go market, take your child from school, or daily work to home and vice versa, Uber is ready to take you. Its tagline is also describing its simple mechanism that is “Phone lagao, Uber bulao”.
If you are searching for other services like Uber, you are on the right platform. You may go for any of the above-mentioned taxi apps like Uber. You may enjoy the same or even better experience with cab apps like Uber. These apps are also useful if you work as the driver and willing to provide your own services or cabs. apps like Uber are listed above to meet your purpose.
We hope this post will have met your purpose of visiting here. If it is so, we will be happy to provide you this information and satisfy that the readers of the post find it useful for them. In such case do not forget to share this with your friends, families, and others to let them know about this also. Your feedback and suggestions are important and valuable and hence welcomed. If you face any issue with this, you may put your query in the comment box and we will get back to you with the remedy for sure. Happy riding! Hola!