Did the movie ‘IT’ crossed your mind like a symphony of orchestral meta-horror, whenever you tucked yourself in the bed in the midnight and thought of it? Or did Freidkin’s THE EXORCIST; a movie about a possessed 12-year old gave you the blood-curdling chills of feeling horror, terror, threat, fear, nausea and some form of crippled hope all at the same time? Well, that’s not even a question. It is as if I am stating an obvious fact. Horror movies often create that goose bump experience and a lasting impression that somewhere in the deep corners of our heart the incident never seems to die.
But there are always some people who are all time fond of horror; these horror junkies usually wait for every movie or even a web series or any kind of game which simply causes that rush in their heads and makes their heart skip a beat.
Well more often than not you can hear these horror enthusiasts complaining that movie wasn’t scary enough or that web series didn’t feel the way it was supposed to; hence we present to you the best android horror games which you simply without an ease can find in your android cell phones without the need to rush for every new horror movie or wait for that spooky episode of the web series. Everything comes to your reach exactly whenever you want it.
Best Horror Games For Android
After the advent of Android; almost everything can be found on Google. So is the case with the android horror games. These games can be found for free on the Google play store and are so versatile in the category that they can range from the scariest VR apps to those of the zombie genre and the level of vampires and even the psychological thriller. So if horror doesn’t scare you like the way it does to me rather gives you that rush. So look at these top horror games for Android.
Dead Effect 2
Immerse yourself in the gaming effects and the era of ESS meridian yet again with the second version of the dead effect. It is a game which is jam-packed with the stuff that can readily scare the hell out of you. Look at the following features to know more about this scary horror game for android:
- Graphics and sound effects which fails Dead Effect to be named as just a mobile phone game, breathtaking graphics, VR effects and lifelike atmospheric soundtracks.
- A role play game within a horror enthused background. It comes with the option to choose amongst the 3 players varying from different personalities and armed with different weapons.
- An all-time engaging gameplay which not just presents itself in a scary ambiance but also gives you the adrenaline rush of proper campaigning gameplay and special missions.
Slendrina: The Cellar
Slendrina series is the type of survival horror games for Android. Its chief features are to find the missing items from various setups like asylum, school etc and save oneself. In all this due course of time, Slendrina watches you. So let us have a look at what this game has to offer to our players:
- Jump scares are the most attractive part of the game. As Slendrina often just appears out of nowhere and scares.
- It also offers amazing graphics and easy control for smooth and quick running.
- It provides various difficulty modes to choose from and they often just develop randomly while you are playing the games.
Mental Hospital IV
This is another one of the lists of the survivor games but is different from the previous one yet feels similar to THE OUTLAST and SILENT HILL P.T. this comes with less than a dollar purchase. Also, know these following features after which you would not deny paying a price:
- This game keeps the character trapped in various environments and one has to escape that environment.
- It is one of the best android games for Android and comes with amazing graphics facility and sound effects.
- Just put the headphones on and cut the lights in order to feel the chills scarier than what you had felt in the previous Mental Hospital series.
Sinister Edge is again a survivor game but is one of the scariest VR apps and we do not just simply say it, have a look in order to believe what we say:
- The game comes with dark graphics and also not misleading as it provides the proper picture of the entire scene
- The graphics as splendid as ever and actually provide close to reality effects, complementary to that is the sound system which is truly a promising feature.
- The game supports various VR platforms like Google Cardboard, Archos, HTC vive and so on. Also, it supports the external gamepad for a more endearing gaming experience.
Into The Dead 2
Being a popular horror game it has come with its second version and the scarier one. This is an infinite runner and survivor game with different endings and various level zones following are the features of this game which allows this to be amongst the best android games:
- This is the game where one has to find the zombies and safeguard the family amidst the 7 action-packed chapters and 60 stages.
- The family is incomplete without a canine and so is the mission; a golden retriever always helps you in fighting against the zombies. There are companion bonuses which add up to the total score.
- With very engaging atmospheres like oilfields and farms to highly increased zombie threats ranging from running to armored zombies, this game is surely worth a shot.
What if someone whom you love a lot behaves scary and exudes psychopathic behavior; which is incurable will you just give him/her away to the agonies of a mental asylum? And what if he/she comes back? Well, trust me this is surely not a mellow dramatic game but it does come up with a smart story. Also look at the other features of this game and give it a try:
- An abominable mad woman haunts you almost all the time and there are this horrific sounds and creepy screams to back this up.
- A treat for horror junkies and easy and comfortable controls to make you face your fears.
- Available in 8 different languages in order to try and scare the gut out of the person in whichever language one feels most connected
True fear as clear by its name offers a podium and ambiance to scare and terrorize you. It is psychological thriller amalgamated with the right kind of the adventure and sporty feel of that of gaming mission. Following are the features which make true fear a must try:
- A psychological game brimmed with adventures and compelling and engaging graphics.
- It is one of the scary games for Android which not just involves horrifying storyline but also a mission which would never tire your hands and keeps your eyes glued to the cell phone screen.
- It is one of the best android horror games comes with them in the purchase but is surely worth a buy.
This is one of the android horror games which is different from the rest of the list above mentioned as it is one of the scary games in which the person has to open multiple doors promising the newer puzzles and horrifying experiences. So without much ado let us look the other features of this game:
- A game without any kind of mission or gameplay but just revolving around the scary house.
- These are the kind of detective horror apps which revolves around puzzles and brainstorming games, to give a different atmosphere to the player.
This is one of the top horror games for Android with the entirely different concept and one has to find various rewards and see through eyes concept and get the key to unlocking new doors. It is also distinctive from the other apps in the following manner:
- Comes with the newer languages including Hindi
- Also comes up with the dynamic features of unlocking mysterious levels only be collecting rewards.
- Also comes with the in-app purchase but can be accountable if one has to try something different from the usual scary games for android.
The colored faces of the jokers often hide so much more than what they reveal; so this is the story about these jokers and other people of the circus. In this android horror game, one should come out safe out of the circus amidst the strangest and the scariest things happening. So let us know the following features which will acquaint us with the game in a better manner:
- A game with unsettling 3D graphics and a scary and chilling music.
- Two fingers exercising control for a smooth and quick gaming experience.
- A game ending which is good and bad that means not being compelled with a boring monotonous ending.
This list of the horror games for Android is certainly going to be a different and very engaging experience. We can be often found guilty of giving n number of expressions to your phone devices. These horror games also give you the chance to be part of the story unlike the movies and the web series where you just get to watch and feel the chills.
Games have always been one of the most preferred past time for people of all the age groups these days, and when they are blended with the horror feels the probability of trying them increases many folds. The above mentioned is the list of the horror games for Android which are enough to give chills and lift your spirits up if you are a horror buff. This is the compilation of all the type of games and can be tried at least once in order to know what is horror combined with adrenaline rushes of the missions and levels feel like.
So let us not delay any further, have a look at these android horror games and try your hands and the guts on it to give the best shot. Some of them are the paid ones and they are different from the in-app purchases but each one of them is definitely worth a try. Also, do share this post if you liked the list of top horror games for android and mention in the comment section if you liked any other game which has not been included in the above-mentioned list.